Sunday, June 2, 2019

Losing Motivation?

You know....

So often we all get frustrated with our fitness.

Whether it's:

- Lack of results
- No motivation 
- No gains so you are less determined
- No support 
- No accountability 
- Constant injuries
- Always traveling & not finding time

We all have been there. Even me! On Monday, I had a killer workout before The Murph workout and ever since I couldn't seem to recover and feel the strength I normally have.

Now, many of you are aware of the numerous injuries and pains I battle on a daily basis, so for me to have to slow down, it must be bad.

I was doing everything right. Nutrition was spot on, was trying to sleep(never easy with a 7 week old), getting plenty of fluids and spending 20 minutes a day on recovery and mobility.

Yet, everyday this week I seemed to enter the gym more and more defeated, more tired, and more weak.

A sign of over-training? Stress? Lack of motivation?

I'm still not sure, as I even had a cheat meal this week in hopes to replenish myself and it seemed to make things worse.

For me, pain is something I do not like working through, nor should anyone. I need to remember I am not 18 again, and I actually have knees of a 90 year old man, so there will be times I need to take it easy.

It is hard though, and it's much easier said than done. I pride myself in being the best representation of health and fitness in the state, country, and heck...world! I try to give everyone my very best, so when I feel at my worst, it makes this so much harder.

So I thought I would write to relate to you all.

Those days you feel tired, unmotivated, and just not feeling up to workout....well....guess what....you are not alone!

We all have days, weeks, and instances when our bodies just need more time than we want to take. Sure, I would have LOVED to crush some bar complexes and high intense work this week but my body would not let me....so I listened. I AM listening. I am doing WHAT I CAN with WHAT I GOT.

The biggest thing you can tell yourself is to GET UP and MOVE!

I don't care if its taking your dog for a walk. 

I don't care if it's a simple workout consisting of bodyweight squats and push ups and planks! 

You make your own life and you decide how to respond to the daily circumstances.

Everyday I wake up with a purpose. If you wake up and immediately think about the negative things in your life/body then you will never get past it!

You have to wake up tomorrow and think POSITIVE!

Be pro-active and make the first 3 things you do in your day something YOU CAN control.

Like today, you all know we LOVE sharing the results and success of our clients in OAF and today we happened to hear about another success story, who debated haring her story for 2 weeks before she decided to be proud of her accomplishments...

And there is A LOT to be proud of....I mean, how about this for a non-scale victory?

This is her at the start of our 6 week challenge, and then the same outfit on the right at the end! Can you believe that?

Now what she won't tell you is that the scale was not "eye dropping" as she would have expected(I knew it wouldn't, haha, but she was expecting more)....BUT, when you see the difference here....you can be rest assured that she is CHANGING!

And all this is because she didn't let those "down days" and instances ruin her demeanor.

She stayed tough, she stayed CONSISTENT, and she woke up each day with a purpose of trying to be better than yesterday!

I know everyone isn't perfect, and I also know life can get in the way! Trust me....being a new dad has thrown a lot at me in the last 7 weeks!



But everyday I wake up starting out doing 3 things I have full control over. 3 IMPORTANT tasks that I can do to make my life better, someone else's life better, or my career!

I used to stress to a large deal over days I couldn't get good workouts in, but now I listen to how my body is feeling because progress is not always linear. Progressive overload doesnt mean you have to increase the weight and intensity every week.

PROGRESS IS doing something each and everyday that brings you closer to your goals. REST and RECOVERY are apart of those things.

Taking note of the SMALL victories is important.

Sharing life's moments with your loved ones and showing simple acts of gratitude is important.

Then taking a big step back at the end of they day....

And realizing that there is always tomorrow to be better!

So plan your day. Plan your TOP three for tomorrow and get after them! Eliminate the negative people in your life and surround yourself with those better than you and who support your goals and dream!

Get after it this week my friends!

This is my very last week in my 20's.....

So you all may see me embracing that just a little bit...because no one likes birthdays after 30! 😂

No comments:

Post a Comment