Thursday, May 27, 2021

5 Ways To Not CRASH COURSE on Memorial Day Weekend

Heading into Memorial Day weekend...

It's been a long year, and with schools getting out and summer in our reach, many of you have already checked and ripped those masks off in route to your desired destination!

I have to admit, I feel like a new person being able to walk around the stores without a mask now! Like a God of some sort, I feel empowered and that I could shout from the top of a mountain about how happy I am!!

But it really hasn't been that way for me as of late. I won't bore you with details, but soon enough we will get out of the trenches, right? Currently, I am on antibiotics for a cyst on my neck! WHO GETS THAT? ....but honestly, it's very painful, and urgent care wasn't amused and tried digging it out, and on top of my scream, it didn't seem to do anything...

So more pills it is. I am more frustrated because I can't put a barbell on my back because on the darn thing! I was lucky enough to have great skin my whole life, but somehow get this terrible cyst on my neck, go figure!

Anyways, back to my point about vacation time and Memorial Day Weekend....let's have a gentle reminder to be FORGIVING.

I am sure most of you will be eating a bit more than you are used to, and drinking one of those new Truly's with a big smile at some point over the weekend, so I am going to give you a few "Mikey" tips so you can make sure you come back next week still alive and not wanting to live in sweatpants for 2 weeks.

1. Movement is medicine. Research has shown enough studies on how bad inactivity is. Pair it with poor eating and sleep schedules for a few days and you can make next week seem like climbing Everest to come back. Simply walking 30-45 minutes every day and trying to get up and move throughout the day will be your best bet! Don't sit and drink and eat mindlessly. 

2. Pick your poison. I tell a lot of my clients that overindulging is okay, but I'd rather you pick your vice and stick to that. EIther drink or eat like fools, not both. 

3. If you overdo it, don't punish yourself. Just because you ate and drank one night doesn't mean you need to spend 2 hours on the elliptical the next day. Just get up and get back on track normally and focus on eating more fruits and veggies the following day, not starving yourself. 

4. Schedule a workout. Do it FIRST thing before you open your computer or cooler for the day! You can check out my FREE kettlebell conditioning workout to try one of these before you venture out for the day. 

5. ENJOY your time, don't obsess over what you eat and drink....it's  VACATION. Some of you need this time away from more for your own mental and physical health. We are all worn down, grouchy and in need of time off, so stop flipping stressing over some pizza and ice cream and enjoy yourself. The few days of enjoyment isn't what will ruin your progress...it is the delayed action in staying consistent and getting back once you return. So have fun and get back to it!

I hope these tips help and I truly am wishing all of you a wonderful Memorial Day Weekend! I think Meggy and I will shove down a shandy or two while the kids(insert prayer emoji) NAP....🤷🏼‍♂️

But I am finding that by the time we pack up and get everything set up to leave the house, either WE crash and are too tired of our babies begin a "mood" of their own!

I just have to keep reminding myself I am only 31, so I have all the reason to be tired! 🤣


Have a great night!


PS - If you can take a second to fill out this form! It would mean a lot! 


PPS - If you are interested in taking a coaching spot I have 5 open for a new test I am starting next month! If you want info apply here 


Catch ya later!


Mikey


No comments:

Post a Comment