One month in at Over-Achieve Fitness. My first impression....building a business is TOUGH! It takes hard work. It takes a lot of "in's" and "out's" that not too many will ever think about unless they do it too.
The biggest thing on my mind......$TRE$$!!!
Yes, we have all been there. Wondering how to make it through things financially, and how it can affect your demeanor on an everyday basis.
It's always there in the back of your mind...
"How am I going to pay this...and this....and this...."
"That bill can't be right" -----SPEND 4 HOURS A DAY CALLING THEM!!
"Getting heat...who will pay for that?"
"Electricity, plumbing, gas, network, software..."
The list goes on!
How do you cope with problems that arise in your life? Do you pray? Try to take it head on?
I have never been the best with dealing stress but I feel like this type is different. I am calling it positive stress!
Why? Well, for example. The Internet. I just got WIFI last week. That was stressful. Bad experience...yet, for me to be able to get WIFI, it must mean I have lots of customers and client who want it and see me on a daily basis! THAT'S POSITIVE!
Aside from all the stresses, I tried my best to focus on those positives at hand.(or at least wait until I try to sleep at night to bring the bad thoughts up and "to do's" which is SO GREAT for helping my sleep issues!)
Let's see, the positives....
1) In my first four weeks of business I have averaged 12.7 people per workout! (That .7 must be the unlucky one who got the bad end of the stick when doing burpees ;) )
2) I've become SO MUCH closer to all my clients! This is exactly what "building a relationship" means in my books. I would do ANYTHING for my members and I leave everything I have on the floor for each workout, and they all do the same for me in return......that's what delivers RESULTS my friends. Yes, yes....trainers can give it their all too! Just ask some members about my squeaking issues. I get so loud I tend to lose my voice....and sadly squeak. But hey....whatever works right?
3) I have witnessed PROGRESSION first hand from SO many clients. I watched Paul Ryneki complete a push up challenge through PURE determination, will, and desire. I witnessed a world record holder in the marathon almost pass out because she was holding a plank on over 5 minutes! I watched girls go from not being able to do ANY pull-ups to 2-4 in 4 weeks! I see lean muscles and definition in EVERY client I train.
And I'd be 100% correct to say they deserve it because the workouts I give them are demanding, challenging, yet FUN....
Because we all work for one another! No we don't do silly boot-camp stuff. Sorry no WODS that last 10 minutes. We are the toughest and fittest crew in town.
But the best thing is....EVERYONE can do it! It's as simple as walking though my door....letting me know some history, and starting you on a personalized scale!
4) I got to meet NEW clients and make a step towards helping to change their lives!
5) I was blessed with GREAT equipment and an awesome location!
6) I end up smiling or laughing EVERYDAY. Which, I can honestly say to everyone, wouldn't be possible if I didn't have so many supporters. All I want is to be able to run, squat, jump, and cut again! Show everyone I worked hard as well. Jump in workouts and give a little hand to those who need it! But, for now, I get down from square one when having to ask someone to demonstrate for me. It feels pathetic that a trainer needs someone to demonstrate. But I am not giving up and hope someday I am healed. Until then, my family at Over-Achieve helps make me smile even on days I never thought I would. You guys all know who you are!
7) I am getting phone calls and e-mails everyday from new people asking about me and my new facility! Getting so busy I am now starting to add workouts already!
8) MOST IMPORTANTLY
....I am making a difference in other people's lives! I am using my knowledge to help others. I push, motivate, encourage, and explain. I try to be the best I can day in and day out. But if there is one thing I could tell you that is SINGLE HANDED the most important thing for success.....
It would be support! And I try to be the best support you have. I would do anything for my clients and members, as long as it doesn't entail moving my car from a no parking zone or burpees....we are good :)
But I would sincerely like to thank all those who are behind me in this venture of mine!
Let's see how far we can take it, huh?
I'm all IN......are YOU?
Until Next Time,
Stay Strong and Keep Reaching For Your Dreams!!
Strength & Conditioning Specialist