Saturday, April 13, 2019

What I am learning 6 days into being a DAD!

⭐️LIFE LESSON TODAY⭐️

Keep pushing. Be aggressive. Attack your priorities. Make massive progress on your goals. Crush the obstacles in your way. Don't stop. Stand up for what is right for YOU. Don't be afraid to say NO. It's your life, your one shot, don't back down on what really matters. Say YES to yourself. Say NO to letting people walk all over you. Keep going. I believe in you.

Lately I have found it harder to stay honest with myself.....over the past week I have had a roller coaster of emotions with a new baby and it has me wondering every morning if I am doing the right thing...

Should I workout?

WHY am I working out?

What is the point, the rest of the day will be ALL BABY so why even bother....

Am I working too much and not helping Meg enough?
Should I be holding Noah more? Doing more?

What about Brea? Is she feeling left out? How can I get her to stop feeling sad....Why is she seeming stressed about Noah??

All these doctor appointments...how can I afford this?

Why wont he stop crying?

Will I ever get a good workout again where I don't feel tired?

Will Meg ever run my shoulders and feet again to help my recover?(honest)

Will we ever have normal meals without holding a baby or rushing to shove it down while he is asleep?

===========================================

All these emotions have me twisted and turning at night, constantly wondering if I am doing the right thing....I never am sure of myself lately, and it starts having me feel anxiety....

➡️I want my son to be perfect. I want him to learn these lessons in life:

1. Never shake a man’s hand sitting down.

2. Don’t enter a pool by the stairs.

3. The man at the BBQ Grill is the closest thing to a king.

4. In a negotiation, never take the first offer.

5. Request the late check-out.

6. When entrusted with a secret, keep it.

7. Hold your heroes to a higher standard.

8. Return a borrowed car with a full tank of gas.

9. Play with passion or don’t play at all.

10. Always protect your siblings.

11. Don’t let a wishbone grow where a backbone should be.

12. If you need music on the beach, you’re missing the point.

13. Carry two handkerchiefs. The one in your back pocket is for you. The one in your breast pocket is for her.

14. You marry the girl, you marry her family.

15. Be like a duck. Remain calm on the surface and paddle like crazy underneath.

16. Experience the serenity of traveling alone.

17. Never be afraid to ask out the best looking girl in the room.

18. Never turn down a breath mint.

19. A sport coat is worth 1000 words.

20. Try writing your own eulogy. Never stop revising.

21. Stand on principle.

22. Eat lunch with the new kid.

23. After writing an angry email, read it carefully. Then delete it.

24. Ask your mom to play. She won’t let you win.

25. Manners make the man.

26. Give credit. Take the blame.

27. Stand up to Bullies. Protect those bullied.

28. Write down your dreams.

29. Remember at times the rain must fall for us to appreciate the sun.

30. Be confident and humble at the same time.

31. Be the bridge builder.

32. If ever in doubt, remember whose son you are and REFUSE to just be ordinary!

To my new son, Noah....YOU are my new light of my life. You are the reason I wake up early, stay up late, and grind day in and day out.

You are what makes me push through the emotions, stresses, and state of exhaustion simply to be the best version of MYSELF for you.

I'll never surrender. I'll NEVER give up. No matter how tired I am, stressed or busy....I will continue to fight, push, crawl to help make your life the best possible.

So all you demons in my head telling me to stop, slow down, take a breather....

Kick it to the curb....

===============================
THIS MAN'S ONLY GETTING WARMED UP!
===============================

Welcome to the OVER PARTY OF 4!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment