Friday, July 12, 2019

๐Ÿ˜ฌHonest and REAL Post time!๐Ÿ’ฏ๐Ÿ‘‡


๐Ÿ˜ฌHonest and REAL Post time!๐Ÿ’ฏ๐Ÿ‘‡

Look, I know many of you who follow me think I am a “perfect fitness icon.” Maybe you don’t, but I don’t care. That isn’t the point of my post. 

It is to be ๐Ÿ’ฏreal with you today. 

For the most part, I don’t indulge on foods that don’t help me either A) Recover or B) perform or C) Build Muscle

I stay away from ALL packaged foods, and anything with an ingredient I can’t pronounce. I am a pretty regimented person, where I practice intermittent fasting.(message me if you want details on how I do it). I eat mainly the same foods day in and day out…

And YES, you might think….WOW…how boring is that!๐Ÿ˜‚

But in all honesty, I do it for ONE main reason.

You see, my life is built upon making decisions. Whether it’s for my business, my wife, my newborn son or my clients. Everyday my head circulates with hundreds of decisions that all require different levels of thought and stress….SO….eating the same things takes ONE less decision out of the equation. For me, it’s easy because I know what I’m eating most days, and the same thing goes with my clothes. I have my outfits picked prior and I wear the SAME thing after dinner….again….eliminating decisions. 

The < LESS decisions I have to make….the smaller chance I have to make a wrong one.

Everyday my diet consists of plain greek yogurt, plant protein powder, casein, and whey isolate, turkey, chicken, fish, berries, greens, carrots, cottage cheese, nuts, natural granola, oats, sweet potatoes, and of course eggs and avocado. 

I keep it clean for the most part, but again, I am human. I make mistakes, and I also need the occasional “splurge meal” to help give my brain a mental break and also to help with my training, because you can only get so many calories in with those foods above.

Today was a rare form day. And sushi is my go to meal to get tons of calories. Go big or go home, right? Now, I used to think negatively when eating these meals 1-2 MAYBE 3 times a year….BUT now I look forward to them. I learned how EVERY food has it’s place in the human diet, and nothing should be labeled as “good” or “bad.” 



You just need to be smart about the choices you make and be proud of your accomplishments. For me, it was a post 30th birthday/Father’s Day meal I never got, so I fully enjoyed it. 

But the point of my story is that NO one is perfect, and you must find what works for you. There will be times you mess up on your diet, and THAT’S OKAY! You shouldn’t beat yourself up, but learn to truly ask yourself if you needed it and/or if it is helping you reach your goals. 

And of course….today 7-11 was giving out FREE slurpies so you better believe when Noah is old enough…I will be partaking with him! Life is too short to always be stuck eating clean….

So remember, enjoy the foods you like…..don’t beat yourself up with making mistakes, and learn to use the moderation term to its finest when you want to enjoy a meal off your normal routine!

No comments:

Post a Comment