Sunday, November 29, 2020

You can’t make this sh** up😳

 You can’t make this sh** up😳


It’s been a while since I’ve given a “real” update on things, so I’ve decided to fill you in instead of keeping it all “bottled up.” 👶🏽 🍼 


As I am writing this, in fact...my 8 week old is vocally displaying her lung capabilities while my son is throwing our kitchen appliances around in utter disappointment about our TV all the sudden deciding to break so he can’t watch his show(which oddly enough, keeps him entertained while we eat)...so dinner time is becoming the new norm of “stand and shove it in quick” or forever hold your piece.😂


Oh...and did I mention my wife is balancing our singing baby while simultaneously conducting a “help/hate chat” with door dash, for sending her food to the wrong house for the third time this month...so she’s out of patience, luck and...well...food now...after a hellaciously difficult day…(as a side note, her brain is so fried she decided to order a turkey club. 😳 …I quickly reminded her of the 4lbs of turkey we had leftover in the fridge from only the biggest eating day of the year, and her response …. “ooppps, yep….didn’t register that.” 😅


So I’ve proceeded to step with caution around her, give her some wine 🍷 and leftover thanksgiving PIE 🥧 AND SMILE, while I go find her food.


🤷🏻‍♂️A dinner time in the life of the Overs...


😝Yet, I’m sure...many of you can relate and comment on your horror stories...


🥲Strange thing is...for some unforeseen reason, they just continue to happen to us....


Day...after day...after day.


The best part about today was seeing Beth’s (Noah's babysitter) photos she took of Noah and Ellea...Something about seeing the beauty of your kids in photos just makes everything freeze and seem okay ✅ for the time being...





❌Or until you turn your head and now see him taking the broom and hitting your poor neglected German Shepherd who was your family's first baby and now seems to get the inevitable back seat 💺...





Life as we know it...


Can be so damn hard, and I’ve tended to keep things bottled up as of late but felt as if it was time to vent.


In terms of my family….It’s pure chaos. Everyday, all day. It’s funny…I see people out and they immediately ask “How are the babies” and no matter what I always say GOOD, but deep down…I want to say…


GOD GET ME THROUGH THIS WORLD WAR 5. 💯😅


As if raising two kids under 2 isn’t hard enough, try adding the whole “school bullcrap” with Meg’s profession, a global pandemic corrupting the fitness industry which just so happens to be the light and sole of my life….and the realization that the thunder is being brought in more ways than one…..(and we usually say this every time we give Ellea a bath because….well….THUNDER is brought. I didn’t think females could ever vocalize their dislike of being cold so intensely, but I think my daughter has broken records in this category. 


❌Don’t get me wrong, we ALL are going through some sort of chaos, but from a business standpoint….not too many have seen/witnessed some of the things I have in the past 8 months. 


I’ve dealt with my share of hardships in 7 years owning a business, and I can’t say anything has topped what has transpired lately from government regulations, misleading information, rumors….to failed marketing strategies, closing, and now entering our industry’s toughest month with mask provisions. 🧐Like getting people into gyms is hard enough right now….😱let’s make it even harder.


👎Unfortunately, what keeps me bottled up is the shear cruelty of some human beings. I know times are hard, but truly…it gives no one the right to treat others poorly. Trashing yards, screaming out their trucks while driving by, “F*** YOU,” sending hate mail, publicly humiliating, and deriding is not something you want to be known for….yet so many of us are more ready to POUNCE on others flaws faster than Tigger(yes, I am now watching Whinnie the Pooh)…so no reason other than to maybe combat their own deeper personal issues. 🙏🏼




News Flash....YOU are not aware! 

I am no saint, and I am sure by the time I get ahold of Door Dash, they will remember the name Mike Over. I can tend to speak my mind and back my family to the n’th degree but I will NEVER bash and/harp on other business owners trying to survive, adapt and stay afloat in a time as such. 


To all the people who are upset about the masks and messaging me and sharing their insight….


LOOK, I get it! I am more upset than you are about it! But I also am not going to risk getting shut down and fined. I am not the one who put this in order, I am just following them….even though I know others are not. 


Does that make me a bad person? 


I also did my best to adapt/pivot and provide when this came around the first time, and just truly wanted to be able to give everyone continued service and training even though we were in lockdown mode. I made the news and people thought from the outside everything was 👍🏽wonderful, but on the inside….you could find me in the corner of my home coddled up ready to break from the stress and cruelty of it all.🤕


As a business owner, I fail. I fail everyday. I make mistakes, and I try my best to correct, better and change to make everyone who believes in me know and understand that I can lead them.🥊


Failing in business is essential to becoming better, working smarter and providing a better service to those supporting you. That is why I’ve come to learn that sometimes all these voices in my head just need to stop being bottled up, stuck inside and let them loose so I can put my focus on what truly is important. 🤜


Failing at parent hood is 🙌vastly different. I feel like I am either 1)letting Meg down or 2)letting my kids down everyday.


➡️Parenting is a FULL TIME job. Those dads out there who give your wives evil eye looks when you come home from 9 hour days….trust me, you want to kick it to the curb quick when you ask her what she’s ‘done all day.’


I would rather work the cotton fields than be home with 2+ kids for days on end, especially under 2 where going out is out of the question….or hell…COVID where you truly can’t go anywhere anyways!🧐


Some days I come home for lunch and would see her in near tears trying to chase Noah around while strapping Ellea to her chest and kitchen gadgets in her hands trying to prep meals….


Can you say CHAOS⁉️


Other days, we FINALLY are sitting down, Noah calm, Ellea asleep and we look over at one another, eye to eye….💓 smile….


And possibly think about maybe getting a nice big kiss❤️💋💏…My eyes get BIG(just as the day she first did when she came to train with me in OAF and dropped one on me at 9pm after classes)….


The smile gets bigger as we get closer….because we both know affection and intimacy takes a dead stop in the tracks….especially NOW more than ever since we virtually would be ready to tie our own tubes than have another baby🤣…


And just as we are about to touch lips, the UPS guys delivers a package and forgoes the “Do Not Ring the Doorbell Sign” POSTED out front….


🐕‍🦺Brea flips her protective lid…..🦴👉🏾 And Ellea wakes up and begins her tyrant…..which then spirals Noah to cry….


And we end up butting heads in pure shock, then resume the “constant” headache that seems to be looming over our household.🥰


But I know this is just a part of the process. This never ending, scary and difficult time just seems to constantly make days harder….and until we can all put this behind us, I will 👟wake up each and every day, bottle up for my babies 😂 and begin my daily attempt to break the world record for cups of coffee in one hour, let alone DAY!😎


As a matter of fact, I am due for another. Brea just 🤷🏼‍♂️saw a cat out the window and decided to take our Charlie Brown Christmas Tree DOWN to the floor….


😱I guess it’s her sign of telling me it’s what I get for having such a weak tree in the window….but then again, getting time to get to Lowes with our life right now may be harder than remembering a full episode of Sesame Street.


What crazy stories, memories can you share about your baby stages? Will I get past this? Will it be a blur?


Let me know in the comments.


As always, never keep things bottled up!


Remember, 


“Life doesn’t get easier, you just get stronger”⁣⁠

⁣.⁠

❌People say life gets easier with time, from my experience that’s wrong.⁣⁠

⁣.⁠

Life isn't easy…⁣⁠

⁣.⁠

If you allow it to, it will tear you to pieces.⁣⁠

⁣.⁠

But, if you approach with the correct mindset, it is the ultimate teacher.⁣⁠

⁣.⁠

✅Every time you get knocked down you get back up a little stronger…⁣⁠

⁣.⁠

✅A little wiser…⁣⁠

⁣.⁠

✅A little more resilient.⁣⁠

⁣.⁠

Eventually, what caused you pain and suffering in the past, will no longer affect you in the future.⁣⁠


You just have to push on….


I just hope I can!


Happy Sunday Funday!


Coach Mikey 






No comments:

Post a Comment